Thursday, January 13, 2011

What's the Deal with Colonics?

Someone suggested I try a colonic as part of my mid-life-crisis bucket list. I tried to brush it off. To excuse it. To forget I ever heard it.

But then someone else suggested it. That's two people who don't know each other. So, does this say something about my friends, such as that they believe in good gastrointestinal health?

Or is there a message in there for me?

I mean, if everyone kept suggesting I try a breath mint, I'd take one. Is this the same type of thing?

One more thing: while I'm not predisposed to add this one, if anyone else has tried it and wants to make an argument for it, leave a comment and go for it. I mean, I should at least be opened minded, right?

3 comments:

  1. I have not tried it. However, I've often thought about it and have also had it suggested to me. Not for "health" but to get a quick weight loss. The things girls will do to say they lost 5 pounds...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried it and it is an experience to endure, for certain, But there's a certain badge of honor that comes with it. Plus afterwards your eyesight gets really crisp. Who knew? I have a great lady to recommend to you if you decide to got for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I could use some weight loss. And who wouldn't want crisper vision? Just curious, is the vision crisper b/c you are glad to come out of the experience? Not sure the actual health benefits, but maybe Amanda and I will get the couples treatment. Hold hands during it. Sip some wine, listen to new age music. Is that the right mood?

    ReplyDelete